Ukrainian residents with MS relocating to Portugal | Country-specific information09.05.2022
Country-specific information for Ukrainian residents with MS relocating to Portugal
- Name: Gabriela Condeço
- Phone: +351 934 387 659
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name: Margarida Navalhinhas
- Phone: +351 932 681 406
- Language Portuguese and English
What documents are needed to apply for medical insurance for Ukrainian refugees?
- Refugee status is sufficient to obtain medical insurance.
Duration on obtaining medical insurance
- On average two months
Coverage of medical insurance (including treatments for MS?)
- It covers emergency services, but only if you have a refugee status, will all MS consultations and treatments be free of charge.
Where can people get specialised MS care?
- You can have care from MS specialists in public or private hospitals
What treatments for Multiple Sclerosis are available in Portugal?
- All treatments if authorized by the hospital administration
Do pharmaceutical companies allow/support patients to continue a clinical study which they started in Ukraine?
- There are clinical studies in Portugal, but we don't know if the clinical studies started in the Ukraine have continuity in Portugal.
Where and how can Ukrainian refugees apply to get an official disabled status in Portugal?
- This information can be obtained on Social Security or through a health delegate of the health centers.